There’s no question antibiotics are effective in saving millions of lives, but antibiotic-resistant bacteria impedes their effectiveness.
Consumers and regulators alike have debated the value and risks associated with the use of antibiotics in the world of food production and one thing is clear: the debate isn’t over.
The need for supply chain transparency, demand by consumers for increased awareness and the rise of antibiotic-resistant food-borne pathogens is driving this global conversation.
During this webinar, we’ll discuss a few of the key conversation points concerning this hot topic, including:
- History of antibiotic use in food animals
- Past legislative recommendations
- Links to antibiotic resistant bacteria
- Current regulatory trends to limit use
- How food industry is responding to consumer requirements