DESE ISMS Scheme FAQ
The Department of Education, Skills and Employment has mandated all providers of employment skills training and disability employment services must be compliant with their Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) scheme.
The scheme combines a customised version of the ISO 27001 ISMS Standard with additional controls from the Australian Government Information Security Manual.
The FAQ answers:
- When do I need to be compliant by?
- What is included in the audit process?
- How long does the process take?
- Why is it so much longer than other audits?
- Can I get an extension to scope with my existing ISO 27001 certification?
- I have done IRAP, does this mean I’m ready for the audit?
- How do I prepare for my audit?
- Why should I partner with SAI Global?