With constant changes to government laws and regulations, it is imperative for public sector organisations to understand and implement up-to-date rules and legal practices daily.
The complexities of policies and practices that exist within the government and public sector, mean organisations needing to implement rigorous training programs to ensure compliance is continually met.
Some of the business challenges the government and public sector need to address include:
- High staff turnover
- Time shortage for training and development
- Low employee engagement levels
- Low knowledge retention
- Document duplication/lack of documentation
This is where continual training and development come into effect. Training can help minimise the number of operational challenges and pose significant benefits in the long run.
Benefits of Training in the Public Sector
Build Internal Capabilities
Investing in employee training and development ensures best practices are ingrained into the business and reduces mandatory skills gap within the organisation. It is this foundational knowledge that sets the basis for creating strong internal capabilities within a company.
Reduce Staff Turnover
Staff turnover is highly costly in time, money and resources. Training staff and investing in their ongoing development not only ensures higher levels of knowledge building but also improves employee motivation and productivity.
Build a Culture of Continual Improvement
Motivated employees who understand their roles and responsibilities are better enabled to make informed decisions, identifying and implementing opportunities for improvement.
In a highly regulated yet volatile business environment training provides the necessary structure and guidance needed for building a strong culture for continual improvement and business excellence.
With the high turnover rate in government organisations, document and job handovers are a crucial step in ensuring the delivery of quality service consistently. Knowing that each individual has a different approach to learning and a different method of organising information, it is important to consider a few key points.
What Are My Training Needs?
Identify the exact types of skills required i.e. mandatory vs. the nice-to-haves. This will ensure the organisation will have the training it actually needs.
What Are My Options?
Before coming to a final decision it can be beneficial to research different training options available to identify what solution aligns best with your business requirements. Some training options include:
- Instructor-led – A classroom environment with a dedicated personnel to conduct the training
- e-learning – Self-paced learning so you can work at a comfortable pace.
- Group discussions – A more interactive learning approach that allows for greater knowledge sharing
- Mentoring – Training with continual guidance and assistance as and when required.
- Simulation / Mock cases – Experiential training that allows for application of theoretical knowledge
How Long Should The Training Programme Be?
Constant review monitoring and review of the business’s management system will provide a good indication of how much training is required and how beneficial the training take thus far to the business.
Why Partner with SAI Global
As a Registered Training Organisation (RTO no. 106919) and a long-standing partner with government departments, SAI Global has developed practical and applied training courses that meet the unique requirements of government departments and city councils.
With 20 plus years of experience with Government and Public Sector clients, our trainers can thoroughly explain course theory as they have industry-specific knowledge to be able to include practical in-field insights and examples as part of the training.
A Range of Delivery Options to Suit You
At SAI Global, we understand all organisations operate differently. Our range of courses can be delivered in a method that suits you, whether that’s face-to-face, online, virtual or in-house.
- Classroom Training – With classrooms conveniently located in major cities around Australia, our trainers will take you through our practical and applied training.
- Virtual Training – Same classroom experience delivered virtually, so that you can train wherever you want.
- Online Training – Available to you anytime and anywhere, gain the needed on-demand.
- In-House Training – A cost-effective method for training groups of employees, contextualised for your organisation and scheduled at a time that suits you.